25 janvier 2012
19 janvier 2012
ivan was touring USA last week. he make a stop at BEATS IN SPACE radio show in new york,
playing our old classics like the actors pedantry, future ktdj release like THE EYES IN THE HEAT, or new IT'S A FINE LINE remixes. enjoy !
mix is here
1. - Tools Are Made To Be Broken (Ivan Smagghe Edit) - Colette
2. The Eyes In The Heat - Perfect Gun (Demo) - Kill The DJ
3. Pachanga Boys - Legs - Hippie Dance
4. The Actors Pedantry - House - Ampule
5. Walls - Into Our Midst (Unreleased Mix) - Kompakt
6. Abstraxion - Moribayasa (Kaos Edit) - Different
7. The Eyes In The Heat - Florida - Kill The DJ
8. Francis Bebey - Savannah Georgia (It's A Fine Line Remix) - Born Bad
9. Tim Paris feat Sex Judas - Too Close (Demo) - Items + Things
10. Marc Houle & Footprintz - Rush To The Capsule - Turbo
11. Au Revoir Simone - ? (It's A Fine Line Remix Instrumental) - Moshi Moshi
12. The Eyes In The Heat - Amatuer - Kill The DJ
13. Lhasa - The Attic - Music Man
14. Jonathan Kusuma - Preparation - Space Rec
15. The Units - High Pressure Days (Todd Terje Edit)
16. JD Twitch - Psylent Night - Juno
THE EYES IN THE HEAT WILL OPEN BATTANT SHOW IN PARIS ON FEB 2. >>> CHECK
13 janvier 2012
5 janvier 2012
be there !!
préventes conseillées et par ici
danny alias. civil defense reworks.
A1. civil defense [ivan smagghe vocal édit]
B1. civil defense [get a room ! edit]
We know that there are no lost treasure anymore. The big one we mean, not 'la pepite', that little gold nugget that excites the record digger... Over the last few years, we've seen disco, italo, minimal wave and more recently early house exhumed from their dusty shelves for more or less legal re-releases.
Do you really wanna a 10000000th (nicely packaged) reissue of an early 'Carl Craig' (replace at will) record? Do you want a badly pressed 12" of Derrick May's remix of De-Lite's Wild Times? How do you feel hearing a 20-something making jackin acid house like if it was really 1989? Hmmmmm...
But then again, there may still be little gaps in the house archives, some records that escaped general knowledge. This relative anonymity does not make them better in itself, but worthy of our attention. Especially when they are the raw sound of pure madness, the fierce attack and the Civil Defense. Danny Alias wrote this UFO of a track in 86 (think Moonraker by Johnny Dangerous and instantly forget about it), it was played by Ron Hardy, a couple of other things and... Retreat.
When it popped out of our record shelves, we were astonished. This had to be re-released. So now and totally timeless. And guess what (note to the cheeky bootleger), Danny was really easy to trace and a very enthusiast man. The original edit by Ivan Smagghe (from the second volume of his A Few Things From Ivan Smagghe cds) is here, doubled with a pumped up version by the old/young team of Get A Room!
download on beatport
download on itune
[they love it and we are happy]
trevor jackson: this record is a beautifully unique and innovatively deranged record that deserves all the attention its going to receive, ivan and the get a room boys have respectfully and masterfully bought a classic Into the 21st century dancefloor without losing any of its original magic, love this release.
Brodinski: WOW! i love it! big edit on this one. full support
My Favorite Robot: this is pretty special..really digging ivan's vocal edit..but both reworks are great! thx!
laurent garnier: Remix tres classieux NYC white funk stylee de monsieur Smagghe ---- Excellent --- je kiff ma race!!!!!!
ata: YES YES YES
BIG HUGE !
agoria: Pretty rare i give a 5/5. This rate is mainly for IS vocal edit.
Tim Sweeney: Love it
tiefschwarz: i love it
the hacker: really like the get a room edit !
dj feadz: beautiful !
oliverho/raudive: god bless you and thankyou for this cosmic gift.
Clement Meyer: l'original était parfait , l'edit d'ivan est parfait, celui de get a room est parfait. what else
Matt Walsh: wow, loved ivan's mix. now the new GAR version is great too!
Kiki: ivan´s version is great, but will also play the get a room edit out loud!